News By/Courtesy: Bhargavi Shukla | 16 Aug 2019 12:24pm IST

According to a BJP functionary released on wednesday, the Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will resume his 'Mahajanadesh Yatra' in the next week.Due the floods pounding in various parts of the Maharashtra, he had earlier suspended the yatra.

Ahead of the state assembly polls which were due in September-October, a mass contact programme had been started by Fadnavis from Amravati in Vidarbha region on 1st August,2019.

However the programme was suspended on 6th August,2019 because he faced flak from the opposition for carrying on with the campaign in spite of the rains that were causing havoc in many parts of the state.

Earlier, the first phase of the yatra, covering Vidarbha region and Nandurbar in North Maharashtra, was supposed to be completed by August 9.

BJP leader Sujitsingh Thakur  said that, “The chief minister will resume his campaign from August 21”. It is to be noted that he is in- charge of organising the yatra.He further added that according to the new plan, Kolhapur, Pune, Sangli, Satara have been omitted from Fadnavis' campaign.

Thakur said that the second phase of the programme was earlier supposed to start from August 17 but has now been changed to August 21.

In an earlier account, Fadnavis said that his 'Mahajanadesh Yatra (mega mandate march) is aimed at giving an account to people of the state what the BJP-led government did in last five years.

 

 

 

Section Editor: Kaushal B. Shah | 16 Aug 2019 12:53pm IST


Tags : #BJP #FADNAVIS #MAHARASHTRA

Politics Related Latest News








Copyright Kalyan Krishna MediaZ Private Limited. All rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on these pages are copyrighted by Kalyan Krishna MediaZ Private Limited. All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or image may be used for any purpose. By continuing past this page, you agree to our Terms of Service, Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy and Content Policies.